Cargo and Rail Operations Continue
Port of New Orleans (Port NOLA) cargo operations and New Orleans Public Belt Railroad (NOPB) operations continue to function as normal as we take necessary precautions associated with COVID-19.
Temperature screenings continue to be required for workers at the Port’s Administration building. Masks are required in public spaces, social distancing is in effect and increased sanitation is taking place throughout all Port facilities.
Port NOLA’s tenant terminal operators continue to operate normal hours and procedures at the Port’s breakbulk and container terminals. Ocean carriers are following the U.S. Coast Guard’s strict protocol, which includes additional reporting and screening requirements for vessels prior to arrival. NOPB rail services also remain uninterrupted.
Cruise lines voluntarily and temporarily suspended operations related to departures from the United States, effective March 14. Port NOLA is in close contact with cruise partners and will communicate updates as they develop. There will be limited river cruise sailings beginning in August. Booked passengers are encouraged to monitor direct communications from their cruise lines.
“Port NOLA continues to work closely with local, state and federal officials to take all precautions necessary with the health and safety of our community and our employees as our top priority,” said Brandy D. Christian, President and CEO of Port NOLA and CEO of NOPB. “During this unprecedented crisis, the Port and our maritime partners are proud to continue to do our part as a vital link in the global supply chain so essential goods continue to reach our communities.”
For more on the USCG protocol see their updated marine blog here.
Cargo Contact Information:
- Janine Mansour, Commercial Director,email@example.com, 504.994.4998
- Lori Louviere, Commercial Manager - Exports, firstname.lastname@example.org, 504.460.9515
- Amanda Coates, Commercial Manager - Imports, email@example.com, 850.380.4274
- Joseph Swartout, Commercial Manager - Breakbulk/Heavy lift, firstname.lastname@example.org, 504.250.1018
- Josh Gommel, Deputy Director of Marine Operations, email@example.com, 504.528.3218
- Jacob Crist, Terminal Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 504.906.4091
Terminal Operator Information:
- Coastal Cargo: 504.587.1100
- Empire Stevedoring: 504.896.9162
- New Orleans Terminal: 504.648.6210
- Ports America: 504.894.6300
- Seaonus: 504.270.0100
- New Orleans Cold Storage: 504.944.4400
Cruise Line Contact Information:
- Carnival Cruise Line: Guest Relations (Before Cruise) 1.800.764.7419, https://www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-update
- Norwegian Cruise Lines: Guest Relations (Before Cruise) 1.800.327.7030, https://www.ncl.com/travel-alert/coronavirus
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line: 1.866.562.7625 (Main Line), 1.800.256.6649 (Royal Customer Service), https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates
- American Cruise Lines: 1.800.460.4518, https://www.americancruiselines.com/general-information/faqs
- American Queen Steamboat Company: 1.833.902.1401, https://www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com/contact-us/alerts/
We can all do our part by following the precautionary measures provided by the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention.